Membership Benefits Include
- Share Draft Checking Accounts with Identity Theft & Overdraft protection
- ATMs & MasterCard Debit Cards
- Consumer & Business Credit Cards
- Electronic banking – 24/7/365 online access to your account through WFCU’s Personal Branch Services
- Consumer & Real Estate loans with competitive rates and valuable loan protection products
- All-Star Rewards Program – LOWER FEES
- Financial counseling and planning services
- COOP-Shared branches with local and national credit unions
- All the features of a big bank, but with a personal touch and exceptional customer service
- We treat you like a person—not a number; you are an owner with a say in how your credit union is run
Credit Unions Protect Your Money
Your money is safer, and more ethically handled in credit unions. Credit unions don’t engage in predatory lending practices, payday loans, subprime loans, or other risky and unsavory practices.
Credit unions adhere to traditional investment practices designed to safeguard and grow your investment in rational ways. They also live within their financial means and put the needs of you and your fellow members first. Isn’t that a nice change of pace from dealing with a big bank?
While a credit union is similar to a bank, the main difference is that credit unions are cooperatives. They only exist to serve its members. As a result, credit unions often have better interest rates than other banking institutions. With a bank, we are a “customer,” but with a credit union, we are a “member.” A bank’s percentage of profits goes to shareholders. A credit union’s percentage of profits is returned to its base of members.
Financially Strong, Federally Insured
Calculate the amount of your insured funds at a federally insured credit union.