WFCU Checking Account Services
Have you ever calculated the cost of your checking account? Between monthly fees, minimum balance penalties, per-check fees, and charges for using your debit card, the cost adds up quickly.
We know switching accounts is not easy, so let us make managing money simple.
WFCU Checking Account
No minimum balance, no per-check fees, and MasterCard Debit advantages. We can help you switch your account over to a Wheatland FCU checking account, even if you have automatic payments coming from another account, we are here to help with the transition.
- Online Check Images & e-Statements
- Online Account Access
- Pay Your Bills Online
- No Minimum Balance Requirements or Penalties
- No Per-Check Fee
- Debit Cards
- No sur-charge ATM & Co-op Shared Branch access nationwide
WFCU Secure Checking
Secure your peace of mind. It’s one of the most important benefits a financial institution can provide. With unrivaled security and smart savings, Secure Checking makes it easier to protect your finances, save money on everyday purchases and enjoy your life. It’s a simple and affordable way to secure your peace of mind and stretch your budget.
Add extra security to your WFCU Checking with more benefits for a small monthly fee of $4.00.
- Identity theft monitoring and resolution service for you, and your joint account holders.
- Includes Credit File Monitoring², Credit Report, Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage, and Resolution Service.
- Buyers Protection covers items for 90 days from the date of purchase against accidental breakage, fire, or theft.
- Extended Warranty extends the U.S. manufacturer’s original written warranty up to one full year on most new retail purchases if the warranty is less than five years. Item(s) must be purchased entirely with an eligible account.
Travel and Leisure Discounts
- Redeem and print coupons online.
- Access discounts from your mobile device.
- Local and national discounts such as: hotels, restaurants, rental cars, museums, florists, sporting events, dry cleaners and more (Registration/enrollment required. Available online only.).
Cellular Telephone Protection
- Cellular telephone bill must be paid using an eligible account.
- Covers first three phones listed on the cellular phone bill.
- Covers damage or theft.
- Up to two claims per year.
- Up to $300 per claim.
- $50 deductible per claim.
- Access to exclusive offers and discounts at thousands of leading online retailers.
- Shop online using our customized shopping portal and receive cash back.
- Cash back will be held in your Shopping Rewards account to use towards future purchases – or conveniently sent to you as a check.
*WFCU Secure Checking Program Notes: The WFCU Secure Checking Program Account Monthly Service Charge is $4.00. The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions, and exclusions of the benefits described. Members will register and activate these services after checking account opening. Services and features offered include IDProtect®, Cellular Telephone Protection, Debit Advantage®, Travel and Leisure Discount Membership, and Shopping Rewards™ and may be subject to change. When registering for *WFCU Secure Checking Program services and features, all terms, conditions, and exclusions will be provided. Selection of each individual service or feature is optional. The member will refer to the Guide to Benefits and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is provided through the company named in the Guide to Benefits or on the certificate of insurance. Insurance products are not insured by NCUA or any Federal Government Agency. They are not a deposit of or guaranteed by the Credit Union.
¹ IDProtect® is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owner(s) and their joint account owners. The service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner or to businesses, clubs, trusts, organizations, or churches and their respective members, or schools and their employees/students. ² Credit file monitoring may take several days to begin following activation.
For more information on WFCU Secure Checking call 717-898-7673 or Secure Checking Website.
Wheatland Fund Interest Checking
Interest on this account will accrue daily and will be posted to the account monthly. Dividends begin to accrue on the business day you make the deposit to your account. The minimum to earn interest on this account is $5000. The balance shown in the following table will accrue interest at the corresponding interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) shown. A monthly maintenance fee of $10 will be applied if, during the statement cycle, the daily balance falls below $5000. There is no limit to the number of checks or other withdrawals from this account. Checks used to access this account must be purchased from the credit union.
Fresh Start Checking
WFCU’s second chance checking account provides you a fresh start. Fresh Start Checking is offered to eligible members who do not qualify for a WFCU Checking account due to past credit or negative checking account history as reported to Efunds/Chexsystems and other credit reporting agencies.
Terms & Conditions
- No member on the account will have caused WFCU any monetary loss or charged off funds.
- No member on the account will have more than 2 closures at other financial institutions within the last 3 years or a total of $500.00 in unpaid closures within the last 3 years reported on the Efunds/Chexsystems report.
- Applicants who have been reported to a credit agency for fraud will not be eligible for Fresh Start Checking.
- Applicants must me a member of Wheatland FCU in good standing for a minimum of 6 months and have a direct deposit established for at least 90 days prior to applying for this service.
- A one-time Account Opening fee of $10.00 will be charged and a minimum balance of $50.00 must be maintained.
- A debit card may be issued with a withdrawal/purchase limit of $150.00 per day. ATM deposits will not be permitted.
- Member may utilize WFCU’s Personal Credit Union (PCU) Services.
- Member may apply for a regular checking account after (1) one year if the Fresh Start Checking has been in good standing for that time period.
- A fee of $25.00 will be charged if the account drop below the minimum required balance at any time.
- If the account, at any time, goes into a negative status or is charged with an NSF item, the account will be closed immediately.
- All other WFCU Checking fees will apply as referenced in the All Star Rewards Program fee schedule.
WFCU Checking Account Overdraft Services
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough available funds (Available Balance) in your account to cover a transaction. The Available Balance is the total amount of funds in your account less holds placed on deposits and less holds on debit card authorizations not yet presented for payment. Wheatland FCU offers two services to help manage overdraft situations. Both are completely optional. If you do not wish to utilize either, items presented for payment, such as checks and automated payments, will be returned unpaid and be subject to a Non-Sufficient (NSF) fee of $40.00 or if a one-time debit card purchase, the purchase may be declined.
If you choose one or both of our Overdraft management options, if will determine how overdrafts will be handled (whether the transaction is paid or not) and the resulting fee that will be charged to your account. Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary, and we reserve the right to not pay any item. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, or you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts.
Overdraft Protection Privilege Service
Our Account Overdraft Protection Privilege Service will automatically transfer funds from your WFCU savings account, Personal Line of Credit or Flexline loan to cover payment of a check, electronic (ACH) payment, and debit card purchase that otherwise cannot be paid due to insufficient available funds in your Checking account. If approved, you can designate which account to transfer from to cover such occurrences. If an overdraft occurs, only the amount needed to cover the item plus the transfer fee will e withdrawn from the transfer account. Transfer fees range from $0.00 – $7.00 based on your account tier, and is assessed for each item covered.
Courtesy Pay Overdraft Program
Our Courtesy Pay is an optional protection that allows the Credit Union to approve (at our discretion) items for which your available balance in your checking account or in accounts linked for Overdraft Protection Privilege are insufficient at the time of the transaction. Courtesy Pay covers overdrafts created by check, electronic payments (such as ACH payments), recurring and one-time (point-of-sale) debit card transactions. An overdraft fee of $40.00 will be assessed for each item that Courtesy Pay covers, and your available balance cannot cover payment. With Courtesy Pay, our Checking Account will be taken negative by the amount your account does not have sufficient funds to cover the item plus a fee of $40.00. This fee the Credit Union may continue to authorize or pay these transactions into overdraft, at our discretion, up to your tier limit, of either $500.00, $250.00 or $100.00. Any items that come in for payment after you reach this limit will be returned unpaid, and an NSF fee of $40.00 will be assessed to your account. If you have an overdraft on your account (including transactions we have paid on your behalf into overdraft, plus any fees), you must promptly make a deposit or transfer to return your account to a positive balance within 15 days. If you fail to bring your checking account to a positive balance in this time period, we will close your account. Also, we may report you to consumer reporting agencies and initiate collection efforts.
WFCU ATM Card
Our ATM card is designed for members wanting 24/7 access to their savings funds. The ATM card only accesses your Savings Account. WFCU’s ATM card can be used at any ATM machine that is part of the ACCEL networks. All withdrawals using an ATM card are immediately deducted from your account. Find no-surcharge ATMs. If your ATM card is lost or stolen, call 1-800-472-3272 to cancel your card right away. *Maximum cash withdrawal is $500.00 per business day.
WFCU Mastercard Debit Card
Simplified budgeting for busy lifestyles. Using a debit Mastercard is a convenient way to manage your finances because funds are deducted directly from your checking account. Having an electronic record of every transaction can be a real time-saver and makes keeping track of what you spend a snap. If your MasterCard debit card is lost or stolen, call 1-800-472-3272 to cancel your card right away.
- Convenience – Your Debit Mastercard is accepted at millions of merchant locations, including restaurants, hotels and online retailers. You can even use your debit Mastercard to automatically pay monthly bills.
- Protection wherever you shop – Whether you use your debit Mastercard to shop online, by phone or in a store, every purchase is backed by Zero Liability protection. That means you won’t be held responsible if someone makes unauthorized purchases with your card.
- Mastercard Global Service – Receive around-the-clock customer service assistance with lost and stolen card reporting, emergency card replacement and emergency cash advance as well as assistance with locating ATMs and help with card-related questions.
Please see our All-Star Rewards Program for more details.
*Maximum cash withdrawal is $500.00 per business day from either your regular Savings Account or your Checking Accounts. Money can be transferred between your regular Savings Account and your Checking Accounts. Find no-surcharge ATMs.
Cards – a new service for your mobile ap.
Cards offers a single place to get, use and manage your debit card. This feature is convenient for cardholders, empowering them to control their card, clearly see spending and use card more easily.
Cards enables debit cardholders to digitally manage their spending by bringing together multiple functions under one platform delivered through the mobile banking app. Cardholders benefit from greater control of their card and enhanced visibility into their financial transactions, helping them make smarter spending decisions.
Cards capabilities span the entire cardholder life cycle: getting a card quickly, easily using it, understanding spending, managing it on the go and engaging in real time.
Get a Card Quickly – Cards enables consumers to apply for and get new or replacement cards quickly from their smartphones.
Use a Card Easily – Cardholders can easily add their card to digital wallets and view their card. Cards makes it easy to add and use card in mobile wallets, online stores and card-on-file subscriptions.
Understanding Spending – Cards lets consumers see and track where their card is being used – in person, online, in-app or card-on-file purchases – to better understand their spending. Merchant names, logos, contact information and map locations are available. At-a-glance spending trends across merchant categories, time and location are also provided, eliminating time spent analyzing and categorizing spending.
Manage Cards On-the-Go – Cards puts cardholders in control of their card and spending. Self-service options offer 24/7 assistance and information. Card controls and alerting capabilities help consumers decide when, where and how their card is used, which adds a level of security. Cardholders can also manage travel plans or connect with their issuer in just a few taps.
Engage in Real-Time – Cards provides extra perks and convenient features, including real-time alerts, that are easy for cardholders to access and are relevant to their financial lives.
Unauthorized Purchases & Stolen Cards Info
Please call 1-833-604-0696 for unauthorized purchases on your ATM/Debit Card or for a lost or stolen ATM/Debit Card.