WFCU COVID-19 UPDATE
Share Draft Checking Accounts
How much does your checking account cost you?
Have you ever calculated the cost of your checking account?
Between monthly fees, minimum balance penalties, per-check fees, and charges for using your debit card, the cost adds up quickly.
We know switching accounts is not easy – WFCU is here to help. Our knowledgeable staff can easily guide you transferring all automated debit and credit transactions to your new WFCU account.
We will make the transition as smooth as can be.
Stop paying unnecessary fees for your checking today. Call 800-527-5140 and say you are ready to SWITCH!
- No Monthly Fees
- Free Online Check Images & e-Statements
- Free Online Account Access
- Pay Your Bills Online
- No Minimum Balance Requirements or Penalties
- No Per-Check Fee
- Free Debit Cards
- Free ATM & Branch Access Nationwide
Types of Checking Accounts
- WFCU Secure Checking
WFCU SECURE CHECKING – Secure Your Peace of Mind Peace of mind. It’s one of the most important benefits a financial institution can provide. With unrivaled security and smart savings, Secure Checking makes it easier to protect your finances, save money on everyday purchases and enjoy your life. It’s a simple and affordable way to secure your peace of mind and stretch your budget.
Add extra security to your WFCU Share Draft Checking with more benefits for a small monthly fee of $4.00.
- Identity theft monitoring and resolution service for you, and your joint account holders.
- Includes Credit File Monitoring², Credit Report, Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage, and Resolution Service.
- Buyers Protection covers items for 90 days from the date of purchase against accidental breakage, fire, or theft.
- Extended Warranty extends the U.S. manufacturer’s original written warranty up to one full year on most new retail purchases if the warranty is less than five years. Item(s) must be purchased entirely with eligible account.
Travel and Leisure Discounts
- Redeem and print coupons online.
- Access discounts from your mobile device.
- Local and national discounts such as: hotels, restaurants, rental cars, museums, florists, sporting events, dry cleaners and more (Registration/enrollment required. Available online only.).
Cellular Telephone Protection
- Cellular telephone bill must be paid using eligible account.
- Covers first three phones listed on the cellular phone bill.
- Covers damage or theft.
- Up to two claims per year.
- Up to $300 per claim.
- $50 deductible per claim.
- Access to exclusive offers and discounts at thousands of leading online retailers.
- Shop online using our customized shopping portal and receive cash back.
- Cash back will be held in your Shopping Rewards account to use towards future purchases – or conveniently sent to you as a check.
*WFCU Secure Checking Program Notes: The WFCU Secure Checking Program Account Monthly Service Charge is $3.00. The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions, and exclusions of the benefits described. Members will register and activate these services after checking account opening. Services and features offered include IDProtect®, Cellular Telephone Protection, Debit Advantage®, Travel and Leisure Discount Membership, and Shopping Rewards™ and may be subject to change. When registering for *WFCU Secure Checking Program services and features, all terms, conditions, and exclusions will be provided. Selection of each individual service or feature is optional. The member will refer to the Guide to Benefits and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is provided through the company named in the Guide to Benefits or on the certificate of insurance. Insurance products are not insured by NCUA or any Federal Government Agency. They are not a deposit of or guaranteed by the Credit Union.
¹ IDProtect® is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owners(s) and their joint account owners. The service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner or to businesses, clubs, trusts, organizations, or churches and their respective members, or schools and their employees/students.
² Credit file monitoring may take several days to begin following activation.
- Share Draft Checking
No minimum balance, no per-check fees, and no charges for using your debit card. We can help you switch your account over to a Wheatland FCU checking account. Even if you have automatic payments coming from the account, we can help with that and make the transition as smooth as can be.
- Wheatland Fund Interest Checking
Interest on this account will accrue on a daily basis and will be posted to the account monthly. Dividends begin to accrue on the business day you make the deposit to your account. The minimum to earn interest on this account is $5000. The balance shown in the following table will accrue interest at the corresponding interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) shown. A monthly maintenance fee of $10 will be applied if, during the statement cycle, the daily balance falls below $5000. There is no limit to the number of checks or other withdrawals from this account. Checks used to access this account must be purchased from the credit union.
Wheatland Fund Balance APY
$125,001 or more .75%
$75,001 to $125,000 .70%
$50,001 to $75,000 .50%
$25,001 to $50,000 .40%
$10,001 to $25,000 .20%
$5,001 to $10,000 .15%
Below $5,00 $10 monthly fee
- Fresh Start Checking
Your credit union has come up with a way to offer you a second chance with a checking account. This new checking account is offered to eligible members who have previously been reported to a credit reporting agency (including ChexSystems).
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Bring a one-time fee of $10 to open the Fresh Start Checking and $50 to keep in as a minimum balance.
- Checks and MasterCard Debit Card available with Fresh Start Checking.
- Free PCU online banking, free bill payer and free 24 hour Telephone Transaction Service available.
WHAT ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
- Wheatland FCU savings account must be open for a minimum of 6 months.
- Member must have direct deposit established for at least 90 days
- A $25.00 fee will be accessed if account falls below minimum balance of $50.00.
- Member may apply for a regular checking account after 1 year.
Standard WFCU checking fees apply. See “All-Star Rewards Brochure.”
- Student Freedom Checking
This account is for our members that are between the ages of 18 and 23. Whether you’re in high school, college, trade school, nursing school, or technical school, this package is for you! This package gives you freedom from high rates and fees. This account also gives you the freedom to take care of your own finances, at home or away at school. Package includes: Free membership, free ATM access, free PC and telephone banking, free Share Draft Checking with a debit card, free first order of checks, free online Bill Payer, 1/2% discount on first personal or vehicle loan, and a low interest Young Adult or College Rewards VISA Credit Card.